What are 'types of posts'?
Although the term 'tweet' is widely used for any message posted on Twitter, we believe the breakdown of various types of these messages helps in better understanding of how users are participating with a tracker's content. Broadly, there are 3 types of posts:
- A tweet is an independent post not related to any other post on Twitter.
- A reply is a post that is sent in response to a tweet or another reply.
- A retweet is a post that is shared with the retweeter's followers.
What is 'engagement'?
The engagement metric of a post captures the interactions with the post in the form of
- Favorites: the number of times users liked / favorited this post
- Retweets: the number of times users retweeted this post
- Replies: the number of times users replied to this post
- Quotes: the number of times users quote-tweeted this post
The term 'engagement' when used for a collection of posts describes the cumulative interactions.
What is 'influence'?
The 'influence' of a post is the number of followers of the user at the time he/she sent the post.
The 'influence' when used for a collection of posts describes the cumulative number of followers of users who sent all the posts.